Wednesday, April 04, 2007

knees to the earth

The music has long ceased,
But my heart still beats,
“Alleluia, alleluia”
Words echo through my mind
Transcending space and time
Countless ages long ago
Tears, blood and water flowed
Down from Your hands, feet, and side
Watering the earth for which You died.

My daddy died today
Soldiers took His life away
They mocked Him King of fools
Forgotten by the multitudes
The people He had come to save
Would never know the price He paid.

I wonder what they were thinking
When the temple veil tore in half
When they saw the lightning flash
The sky turn black as night
When they heard the thunder crash
And Jesus scream in agony,
“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

The weight of the world He carried
While His Father turned and wept
To experience wretched separation
Damnation
For our
Redemption
Death that we might live
Freely
Eternally.
“Amazing love, how can it be?
That you my King would die for me.”


Now, knees to the earth
Humbly I bow
Face down
My tears water the ground
You’ve captured my heart forever
My God, I stand in wonder
Awed by Your love for me
And how You died to set me free. (12/14/03)

No comments: