Tuesday, April 17, 2007

spring 2005

I'm waiting for my redemption
Found in no one but you
"For there is none like you
No one else can touch my heart like you do."

Temporarily I try other things
that leave me
Dissatisfied
Leave me empty inside
Dreams that waste away
Washed by tide
Fantasies that die
As my worlds collide.
I run but I can't hide.

Wrestling with your promises
Scared to let go
Clinging on tight
Save me from myself.

How long must I wait?
Only pray?
Stay still so you can have your way?
Stop thinking of only me?
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
As temptations crowd around me
Enticing with a serpent tongue
and words that leave me
Empty and confused.

Help me bear the pain
Refine me in fire again
Grant me peace
and then,

Open my heart to love
Those treasures found above
The beauty of a broken heart
Set apart
For you.
(Feb. 02, 2005)

1 comment:

Happyminders@gmail.com said...

oooo...i feel this one roej...i feel it in my gut